Diversity and Inclusion Committee
The Diversity and Inclusion Committee is an advisory committee reporting to the Vice-Chancellor’s Executive Committee. The committee is charged with setting the University’s diversity and inclusion agenda encompassing, but not limited to:
- Indigenous staff and students
- Gender equality and gender equity
- Students from low socio-economic backgrounds
- Staff and students of diverse genders, sexes and sexualities
- Staff and students with disability, ongoing medical or mental health conditions
- Staff and students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Accreditation programs for diversity and inclusion
Terms of reference
The Committee will:
- Identify the University priorities and objectives to advance Monash’s diversity and inclusion agenda.
- Oversee the development and implementation of Monash’s diversity and inclusion framework and action plans and ensure alignment with broader organisational strategy.
- Monitor University performance on a range of diversity and inclusion measures with specific focus on measures related to identified priority areas.
- Act as a reference group and make recommendations on relevant initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Provide advice on reporting to government agencies and on submissions for accreditation and benchmarking.
- Provide advice on the development of institutional responses to relevant policy and strategic initiatives taken by government and other external bodies.
- Commission and receive reports relating to diversity, inclusion, access and equity with specific focus on identified priority areas.
- Convene sub-committees and working groups to progress business associated with priority areas.
The committee will meet four times per year or as required
The following shall be ex officio members of the committee:
- President and Vice-Chancellor (Co-Chair)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Education) (Co-Chair)
- Provost or nominee
- Chief Operating Officer or nominee
- Chief Human Resources Officer
- Executive Director, Campus Community Division
- Pro Vice-Chancellor (Indigenous)
- Manager, Staff Equity Programs
- Director, Social Inclusion (Access Monash)
- Monash Postgraduate Association nominee
- President of the campus-based student association (annual rotation between Monash Student Association, MONSU Caulfield, MONSU Peninsula )
- Subcommittee Chairs (Athena SWAN Steering Committee, Diverse Genders, Sexes and Sexualities Advisory Group)
- Executive Officer
The quorum for the meetings of the committee is one third of the membership taken to the nearest whole number.
The committee may co-opt members as required. Other senior staff to attend by invitation as appropriate.
The following committees and advisory groups report to the Diversity and Inclusion Committee:
- Athena SWAN Steering Committee
- Diverse Genders, Sexes and Sexualities Advisory Group
- HEPPP Network
Provided by Monash HR.
Monitoring and Review
The committee’s Terms of Reference will be subject to annual review.
Meeting dates for 名门棋牌
|Meeting 1||23 March 名门棋牌|
|Meeting 2||1 June 名门棋牌|
|Meeting 3||18 August 名门棋牌|
|Meeting 4||23 November 名门棋牌|
Professor Margaret Gardner AC
名门棋牌Phone: (+61 3) 9902 9851
Professor Susan Elliott AM
名门棋牌Phone: (+61 3) 9905 4729