Travelling here and parking on campus
Travelling to Caulfield Campus
- The nine kilometres (six mile) trip from the city of Melbourne will take about 25 minutes in peak hour traffic and 15 minutes at other times.
- If you are coming from Melbourne airport, add another 45 minutes in peak hour and 30 minutes at other times. A taxi rank is situated on the railway station side of Sir John Monash Drive.
By train and tram:
- The Caulfield Railway Station is next to the campus. Four lines stop at the station: Cranbourne, Dandenong, Frankston and Pakenham.
- The No. 3 tram from Swanston Street will take you directly to the Caulfield campus.
- Bus Route 624 -- Kew, Auburn Railway Station, Caulfield Railway Station, Chadstone Shopping Centre, Holmesglen Institute of TAFE, Oakleigh Railway Station.
- Bus Route 900 -- Stud Park Shopping Centre, Waverley Park, Monash University Clayton campus, Huntingdale Station, Oakleigh Railway Station, Chadstone Shopping Centre, Monash University Caulfield campus, Caulfield Railway Station.
- Monash shuttle bus services run in both directions from Clayton to Caulfield campuses. All shuttle bus services are free and run Monday to Friday during the academic year on. See . The scheme offers public transport users a 10% discount on 365 day passes.
- Rideshare is sharing the car with one or more other people to get to campus. There is only one strict rule with rideshare: you must arrive at the carpark with two people and two valid carpool permits. To find out more about ridesharing at Caulfield or to register for ridesharing, you need to visit the and are a good place to check out Melbourne’s cycling routes and bike paths
- We’ve got secure parking for your bike on the ground floor of the multi-level carpark. There’s a bike repair station that’s nice and close to the showers and change rooms at Monash Sport as well
- We’ve also got 20 outdoor bike cages you can hire on a semester basis. Just go to the MONSU Caulfield Service Desk (Building S, Level 2) if you’d like to book one
- Another option is . They have a bike cage at the Caulfield train station. All you need to do is register and pay a $50 refundable deposit. After that, you can use the cage as much as you like.
Parking on campus
- A user pay, multi-level car park is available on campus for staff, students, visitors and the general public. Entry to the car park is from Princes Avenue. Ticket machine parking is also available in the Guineas car park - entry via Normanby Road.
- See also: Parking and Permits